Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Why must people ruin my sons park time.

This morning we took Brayden to the park right by our house. He was having a great time picking flowers, swinging and playing on the equipment. After we were there for a little while a lady, her grand daughter and her little poodle came. The dog was not on a leash and was over excited. The lady could not control the dog and it started jumping on Brayden. He thought it was funny, but I was nervous because I don't know if the dog is aggressive or not. It certainly had a lot of energy. Brayden then decided to play on the equipment and the dog followed him and started to chase him. The owner did nothing to calm the dog down. She was busy pushing her granddaughter in the swing. I finally had enough of this lady not controlling her dog and calling Brayden a girl on multiple occasions.
On the way out another lady with her golden retriever on a leash came to the park and was walking around on the track. The poodle decided to chase the dog and was barking like crazy. The poodles owner did nothing to stop her dog. The other lady also got tired of this crazy dog and also left.
It really bothers me that people have no respect for the others that also use the park. The last few times we have been to the park there has been a dog on the equipment.
I am not against dogs at the park, but I do believe they need to be on a leash when around others they don't know.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on that. It's for their own safety as well as for that of the children. An overly rambunctious child can easily get too aggressive with a strange dog with bad consequences if the owner isn't paying attention. For all intents and purposes, a pet *is* a child--the person with the pet is just as responsible for their pet as they are for their child. Don't take either in public if you aren't willing to keep an eye on them!

    Hmm, unintended rant. Sorry. But yeah, I agree with you. Sorry your fun time at the park was ruined. Hopefully the next time it will be better!

    ReplyDelete