Friday evening Brayden just started screaming for no reason. This was a blood curdling scream. I tried everything. Finally he opened his mouth big enough and moved his tongue back, there were two little white spots on his bottom gum. I grabbed a teething toy from the fridge and it seemed to sooth him for a minute, but he really didn't like it too much. I don't know if it was because it was cold or because it had little bumps on it. He preferred to just chew on his little fist. Finally it was time for his night time bottle and put him to bed. He fell asleep an hour before he usually does.Sat morning he woke up at 6 and was talking to himself in his crib. I go in and I get greeted by big smiles. I then change him and feed him. About 20 mins later he started to scream. I checked the inside of his
mouth and his little teeth had broken through. Chris was going out to get the plates renewed on the car, so I asked him to put up some baby orajel. As soon as he got home, I apply it and Brayden calmed down. We then went to Hy-vee to eat breakfast and do our weekly grocery shopping. As we were in the baby aisle, Brayden began making his "I'm pooping" face and grunt. It was at that moment I realized I forgot the diaper bag at home. I then left Chris at the store and took Brayden home to change him. As soon as I was finished that, I grabbed the diaper bag and went back to the store. Chris was almost done shopping by this time. Brayden decided to fall asleep on the way home. We left him in his car seat while we put the
groceries away. I figured he would wake up soon since it had been about 3 hours since his last feeding. We were planning on feeding him, then head to Target to get some things. While we were waiting, I decided to pack an emergency diaper bag for the car. I didn't want to make that mistake twice. Three hours later Brayden wakes up. That was the longest nap he has had in quite awhile. I feed him and we load him in the car for more shopping. We stop by Old Navy to get me a pair of pants, Dicks Sporting Goods for a pair of shoes for Chris and round out our shopping at Target. He does very well with all the shopping. We get home and put away the items from shopping and Chris makes dinner. It was really yummy Tilapia with citrus veggies and rice pilaf.After dinner I gave Brayden a bath. He loves baths. He like to kick and splash the water. I enjoy watching him have fun. He smiles as soon as I put him in the water. He really dislikes it when I use the special cradle cap brush on his head. He was kicking so hard that water splashed back into his eyes. At that moment he looked at me for a brief second and let out a terrible scream. I pulled him out and wrapped him in the towel. Chris came running for the other room to find out what happened. After 10 mins or so he finally calmed down. I put him in his PJs, gave him a bottle, put some orajel on his teeth and put him to bed. He was so exhausted after his big day.
This morning he woke up at 6 again. This time Chris got up with him and he ended up falling asleep in his chair so Chris came back to bed. About an hour later he woke up so I got up with him. His teeth were bothering him, so I put orajel on. He would not let me put him down, he would cry unless I was holding him and I didn't want to wake Chris so I just paced around the house for about 30 min
s. Finally Chris woke up and I changed Brayden from PJs to his Chiefs shirt. Brayden "watched" the game with us until half time when he became tired and took a nap. He woke up 30 mins later because he was hungry. I then put him in his swing and he fell asleep. I then decided this would be a good time for me to start his laundry. I had to wash a few things I was taking to daycare. I was just about to head to Target to pick up a label maker, when he woke up from his nap. I changed him, put him in his chair next to Chris and left for the store. Just as I got into the office supply aisle, Chris calls me and Brayden is screaming and I cannot hear Chris at all. I hurry to checkout and hurry home. Brayden is bright red and sweaty. Chris tells me that he did that the whole time I was gone. (About 20 mins) I pick him up and calm him down. I try to put him in his chair so I can work on getting his stuff labeled and he starts screaming. I decided to just let him cry for a little bit and see if he'll calm down. I was wrong. I then start walking around with him while watching the New England game. He finally fall asleep in my arms so I try to put him down so I can put away his laundry. He starts screaming just as a put him in his chair. I figured out that he will only be happy if I hold him so I put him in the harness and he falls asleep while I am working on laundry. When he wakes up I change him, put him in PJs and feed him. After his bottle, he was in a really good mood. Lots of smiles and "talking." After a while he starts to get sleepy and I put him to bed.I hope that he acts well for his first day of day care tomorrow.

No comments:
Post a Comment