Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The terrible "twos"

For the last few days, Brayden has been acting out for attention. I understand that adding a new addition to the family can be rough, but Chris and I have made sure to be spending one on one time with him. He is also testing us to see how far he can go.
Today was one of those days that made me want to pull out my hair. It started out very well. We played blocks, took pictures with his sister and colored. When it was time for him to take his nap, Brayden decided that he did not want a nap and ran around screaming and kicking walls. He finally fell a sleep for about 30 mins and then woke up and continued to scream and yell for almost an hour. The sad thing is Chris was planning on taking him to the park this afternoon since the weather was somewhat nice. But with his drawn out tantrum, there was no way we were going to take him into public.
Finally around 6 he decided to snap out of his crappy mood and turned into a happy, loving little man. I am so happy that we got to end our evening on a happy note.

1 comment:

  1. One thing I did, as a mother of 4, is to enlist the help of the older sibilings when I could.
    Ex: "Could you find the diaper bag? I looked everywhere. What would I do without you? Mommy and baby would be a mess if isn't wasn't for your help."
    It's only fits into certain situations, but with my dramatic role the olders felt pride in their own ablities, and laughing at mommy never hurt either.

    ReplyDelete