Sunday, August 7, 2011

Strange back to school list items.

Every year around this time I get calls or people coming in frantic looking for school supplies. The following are some of the items I feel are a little strange.

* 20 boxes of Kleenex. These can only be Kleenex brand. It says so on the list.

* 1 purple and 1 red sharpie marker

* 10 assorted colored dry erase markers.

* 15 glue sticks

* Crayola only crayons, colored pencils and markers.

* 4 bottles of 8oz Purell hand sanitizer. Purell only.

* 8 containers of Clorox wipes fresh scent. Clorox only

* A hello my name is tag for the first 2 weeks of school.

* A plastic file folder with plastic closure. No strings.

* 7 one inch binders. Each binder will be for a different subject.

* 50 no 2 wood pencils. No mechanical.

* 1 plastic ruler. No holes.

* 1 box of Hefty white trash bags. 13 gallon. Must contain at least 40 bags.

* 1 box of freezer gallon sized zipper bags. Must contain at least 20 bags.

* 1 box Band-aid bandages. Must contain at least 20 bandages

* 2 dymo white paper refills.

* 4 packages of 100+ copy paper.

I'm sure ill have more in the next week, but I don't understand some of the items.
I understand the schools are asking the parents to chip in and help since budgets were cut, but if that is the case they should not be so specific on what is required. One lady went to 10 stores looking for the plastic folder with no strings and was having a hard time locating the purple sharpie without buying a 10 pk of assorted colors.
Just like the schools, the parents of these kids don't have a whole bunch of money. One lady told me she had already spent $100 on school supplies for her 2 kids and was not done yet.
I really fear what it will be like when B and Abby start school.


Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment