Friday, July 13, 2012

Big Brother 14 ~ My First Impressions

Big Brother is back on TV. This is my favorite reality show and Chris and I look forward to it every year. The one thing about Big Brother is there are 2 versions, TV version and Feeds version.

TV version is for the people who think its interesting and don't want to get too invested.

Feed version is for fans. So much happens that does make the CBS cut do to lack of time. I personally don't get the feeds. Trust me if I could afford that expense I would. I get all my info from Show Time After Dark and by following the most amazing blog. Carolyn and a few others keep you up to date with what is going on 24/7. She detail writes conversations and includes screen shot pics. The true BB happens in the feeds. The only reason I watch the CBS show is for the diary room sessions and the comps. Neither one is aired during the feeds.


So the big twist of the season is coaches. Could be interesting. We shall see how this plays out. My guess is that they are coaches until sequester and then its every man for themselves. Other wise it will be a very short season with only 12 (now 11) house guests.


The following are my first impressions of the house guests with only watching the first episode. I have not watched After Dark yet.



Team Boogie

Mike "Boogie" is one of my least favorite BB players. He is cocky and arrogant. I do admire the way he and Dr. Will played Season 2. They did "Chill Town" again on All-Stars and it worked. I can't believe people fell for it. This is the first time he has played without Will and we shall see how he coaches his team. He is also looking pretty old, so if he does end up competing he will have a rough go.

Frank
He is going to be tough in comps this year. The way he flew over the beds was crazy fast. He is going to rely on his laid back California Surfer to help his social game. He is going to have the stereotypical get the girls to like you game play.  I think he could make it far, but not win the whole thing. 

Ian
I like Ian. I think he could get pretty far in the game. He is a feed watchers friend. The minute the cameras turned on, he told us who was nominated and who was on slop. I'm excited to see him play. I think he might do ok in physical comps, but I'm pretty sure he will dominate in mental comps. Too bad he's on Team Boogie, I think he would have been better suited on Team Janelle.

Jenn
The "unique" house guest. They always have one that makes people judge before getting to know them. Some might remember her from the metal band Kittie. She is going to have a strong personality and she is going to be annoyed by most of the people in the house. Team Boogie is a good match for her.


Team Janelle

Some people might be annoyed with her, but I like her. She is one of the best players of the game and still has the record for the most wins in a season. The best part about her is she is really smart and knows how to play this game. She will be an excellent coach. 

Wil
He is going to start some trouble this season. He going to be the one to spread gossip through out the house. His mouth is going to be his downfall. He could do ok in the comps. I think he is on the correct team for him. It was not a surprise he was picked first by her.

Ashley
She is going to be the house guest that does crazy things to get more screen time. I have a feeling that she is going to go overboard with the alcohol when it is given out. Good possibility that she is going to be the first one naked and the first one to hook up. I also think she is on a good team for her.

Joe
The professional cook. His game play is simple, feed the people and keep quite. Its survivor game play, but could work really well for him. Especially if he can figure out how to make the slop taste edible. He is going to spend a good amount of time on the couches outside and will give life knowledge to the youngsters.


Team Dan

Dan is one of my favorite winners. He played a good social game and won his season unanimously. I think we will be an excellent coach however I think he picked a very weak team. Too bad, I really wanted to cheer him on.


Kara
BB brought in another Jordan just not as naive. She did ok in the first challenge. In fact she was the only one to complete the task. This is Dan's strongest pick. She should have a good social game.

Danielle
I've never understood the idea of lying about your occupation.  I don't know how being a kindergarten teacher would advance you further then being a nurse. She did terrible at the challenge so luckily for her not all comps are physical. We shall see how she does. I have a feeling she will be out before sequester.

Jodi
Well she is already out. She didn't even get a chance. No POV, No Vote. While I think Dan made the right choice, I think the whole thing was BS.


Team Brittany
I'm glad she is back. The moment she found out that she was a sitting target was one of the saddest things I've seen on Big Brother. It really shows you cannot trust anyone. Why it took her so long to figure it out is beyond me. I think she played a pretty good game. She just ended up with a male dominate cast. I feel she has the strongest team.


Willie
I am so tired of the Hantz family. They are everywhere. I hope Russell took the hint and will not try Survivor again. Its bad enough I now have to watch it again all summer. Still trying to figure out if Brittany knows about his family when she picked him, but he had to go somewhere and he will do well in physical comps. He will play his own game and could care less about the team unless he needs them for the comps. Brittany made a bad decision to give him HOH first, but hopefully he will make some enemies this week and will be gone next week.



JoJo
She is going to be trouble with a capital T. Not a big fan of hers at all. She is going to be ruthless and stab lots of people in the back. She is going to "lose" it multiple times this season. I predict that her and Ashley will be throwing words. Brittany and her should get along well.







Shane
This is my pick as the winner of BB14. He will be good in physical challenges, appears to have a good social game, and the ladies like him. He seems mellow and works hard for a living. He would have been better suited on Dan's team, but oh well.

The coaching thing is going to make it rough for me to cheer. I really like Dan and want to cheer for him, but his team is so weak. So I guess I will be cheering for Team Brit for a little while. I am really looking forward to see who click, who drive each other nuts and who will make it to the finals. I actually really like the people they put in this year. Lots of clashing personalities will make this a heated summer. 
I really enjoy talking to people about it so if you are a fan, hit me up. I would love to talk to you about it. And just remember, if you are tv only and want to stay that way, don't read anything I post. It will most likely contain spoilers. 

Oh and the house is gorgeous this year. Check out some pics here.
  
Happy Summer Everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment