Friday, June 17, 2011

Do you want to be a "couponer?"

Ever since the show Extreme Couponing came on, I have been having a heck of a time ringing those customers out. I end up having to teach people how to coupon.
So here are a few tips from a store manager.

1. Get a Sunday paper. These are good for the coupons and also have the circular for the store you would like to go to.

2. Be prepared. Make sure you have your shopping list and coupons ready BEFORE you go to the store. Having a list makes it easier to remember and not have to tell the cashier "Wait, I forgot something."

3. Have the cashier scan your store card FIRST. This will prevent confusion for both cashier and customer. Generally the stores that have cards will only show sales prices if the card is scanned first.

4. Avoid shopping at peak times. Try going early morning or mid afternoon.

5. Tell the cashier BEFORE they start that you will be having multiple transactions. Make sure to having the items prepared in the cart for the separate transaction. This will speed up the process.

I could list a lot more, but I think this is a good start.

Couponing can be great and a money saver. Being prepared will cause less headaches and frustrations for all involved.

Happy shopping!


Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment