Saturday, June 18, 2011

Some people should not have kids.

So earlier today I had these 2 young boys and a dog wondering in the store for well over an hour. They were about 6 and 9. Finally I asked where their parent was. The older boy said she was at Oak Park Mall buying stuff for the younger boy. I asked if they were with anyone else and he said no. I then asked him to call his mom and tell her she needs to come back and get them. She tells the boy she was almost done and would be back with in the hour. I then asked for the phone and told the mom that if she wasn't here in the next 30 I'm calling the police. You cannot leave children unattended in the store. She gave me some sob story about her babysitter canceling and she had nowhere to take the boys. I told her I was sorry about that, but she needed to get her children now. After taking to the mom, I told the boys they had to sit in the chairs in the pharmacy waiting area for their mom.
After 45 minutes, she arrives says she is sorry and would never do it again. I don't believe her. I'm sure this has happened on more than one occasion, I just noticed it and did something about it.
The kids were not taken care of very well. They were dirty and had torn clothing. The mom had her hair and nails done and had expensive clothing, jewelry and handbag.
Later on I talked to my cashier about it and she said that the boys told her they also went to the grocery store across the street. My store is on a very busy intersection and they could have easily been hurt or taken.
It really disturbs me that there are people out there who do not put their children first. Anything could have happened to those kids and she was too busy to care about it. Who knows how long they were alone before I made the mom came back.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment