Tuesday, January 17, 2012

My new life

Since I left the working world Aug 19, my life has been drastically different. When I was working, I longed to stay home when we needed to run errands. I looked forward to sitting and watching my shows and doing nothing. On the other hand my SAHD looked forward to the weekly grocery trips just to get out of the house for a little bit. Since the swap, I now look forward to any trip out of the house. Even if it is to the grocery store which is most of the trips I make outside of the house. Brayden also looks forward to going to the store. He has formed an obsession with Price Chopper. If we get in the car he asks if we are going to Price Chopper and he plays Price Chopper with our little kitchen. He will even tell you his favorite store is Price Chopper.

The best part about being a SAHM is seeing every little thing my kids do. Yesterday for example. I was making a bottle for Abby and I hear Brayden go "TaDa." I turn around and he is in his booster seat buckled up. This was the first time Brayden was able to successfully do it on his own. He was so proud of himself and I was proud for him. Its the little things I missed when I was a working mom that now that I'm a SAHM I get to see. Everyday the kids do new things and I am so happy to see it.

Nite Nite Bottle
As they get older they want to do more things together. Abby loves her brother. She follows him around the house all the time. She wants to do what he is doing at all times and does things slightly faster then he did because she wants to keep up with him. She smiles when he is around. Its the cutest thing ever. Brayden loves Abby as well but likes his independence as well. He takes his job of protecting his little sister very seriously. Every morning he makes sure to find his sister to say "Good Morning Baby" and gives her a kiss. When we are going places he makes sure that Abby is coming with us. He likes to play with her on occasion. He is at that phase of everything is his, so we do have some tantrums when she touches his stuff.  Lately he has been asking to feed her her Nite Nite bottle. It makes me so proud as a mom to watch them play together since my brother and I really didn't get along.

Since I have been home more I have really started to crochet again. I have much more time to do that. I think its a great activity for me since I have a problem sitting still for long periods of time. I enjoy watching my non-kid friendly tv and crocheting at night. I took on a big project last year when I decided to make Abby a new blanket. Once I started on the blanket I decided I needed to make a matching curtain. I have also found so many great ideas on various crochet sites I am on and Pinterest. I am about a week away from finishing my blanket and plan on starting the curtain. I have even talked to Chris about making some hats and scarfs and sell them next season. Some pics of my crochet projects can be found here.

One thing that has been difficult for me is losing some of my pregnancy weight since I stopped working. With the 2 kids and no car, its hard for me to go places. I would like to go on walks, but we only have a single seat stroller and Brayden is not quite ready to behave enough to walk beside it. Just walking them to the park a few blocks a way was tough. I am hoping that before spring/summer we will be able to afford a nice wagon for both of the kids to sit in. I also look forward to the days getting longer, so I can go for a walk after dinner when Chris is home. Until then I try to get in a little Hip Hop Abs. I try to do it when Abby is napping, but since Brayden doesn't nap any more some days he prevents me from doing it.

My next big thing I am looking forward to is Abigail's first birthday. We have some family coming in and I'm pretty excited about it. Brayden's first birthday unfortunately was one week before we moved so we really didn't do much. We plan on Abby's birthday to be really simple as well. We really are not the large celebrate type of people.

My life has changed a lot, but for the better. I am very happy to be home with my children. Though there are a few days that I want to rip my hair out, I am thankful that my job is my kids.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
   
  

No comments:

Post a Comment