Monday, January 30, 2012

Why must one ruin it for all.

Today I took the kids to the park. This is a very difficult task for myself since we only have the one stroller and we have to walk.

Today on the way to the park Brayden was very well behaved. He held onto the side of the stroller just like I asked. He was super excited to get out of the house and so was I.

Usually our local playground is empty, but with such nice weather there were a few other people there. When we got to the playground there was a mom and her two daughters ages 5 and 3. They were very friendly. Brayden really like the older girl and followed her around. She thought it was fun and encouraged him to do so. The 3 kids played happily for about 20 mins until another little girl came.

This kid was so whiny and her dad gave into everyone of her cries.
She complained that the other kids were touching her. Brayden was having fun going down the slide. This little girl cried to her dad that she wanted to go down the slide and Brayden wouldn't let her. First off there are 4 slides on this equipment. The girl never even tried to go down the slide, she was just mad because someone else was playing on it. The dad actually came over to me and asked if I would have Brayden play on another slide. I told him no and that the kids should take turns. He said that his daughter doesn't understand sharing since she was only 4. I told him that I'm not removing my kid who is having fun, she can share. He tells her that she needs to share and she throws this giant tantrum. He comforts her and tells her they will go to the store and get a toy. She then stops crying and walks to the car. They then leave.

I understand sharing is a very hard concept for children. Brayden has a daily meltdown when Abby touches something he doesn't want her too. We just don't give into the tantrum. He'll cry for about 5-10 mins then he is done. Because of this, he is slowly learning how to share.

I'm just sad that the park trip was not as enjoyable as it should have been. We do go out much since we only have the one car and the weather was beautiful. I hope tomorrow is just as nice so we can try this again.


Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment