I'm not really sure how baby sizes work. Abby wore this cute ladybug onesie home from the hospital. The tag said it was 0-6 months. First of all a newborn and 6 month old are quite different in size, so I don't understand how a baby can wear it for that long. When she was a week old, I tried putting her in it again and it was too small. Abby is a large baby, but not that big. In fact she lost a lot of weight from birth to then. I also tried to put different pants on her. Every pair of her 0-3 pants are different lengths. One pair is even shorter then her newborn pants.
Brayden's clothing is just as much a problem. Pants are incredibly hard to find. He needs the waist of 18 months and a length of 2t. So we end up buying the 2t and his pants keep falling down. We even buy the pants that are adjustable.
How is one to shop for baby clothing. Its not like you can try them on before buying. I know I can return them if they are too small, but that is really an inconvenience.
Womens clothing is just as bad. The size and length is different everywhere you go. I have to shop at different stores for different articles of clothing. I buy my tops at Target, my parts at Old Navy and work clothing at Kohls.
Men have it so easy to buy clothing. There is no weird numbering system. Its simple, length and width. No matter where you buy your clothing, its the same size.
Why can't there be a regulation on sizing for clothing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh man I concur. Kind of makes you long for the days when all clothes were custom-tailored, huh?
ReplyDeleteSylvia has the same problem with pants. She is super skinny but has long legs. I am looking forward to summer, where it will be less noticeable with shorts if they are too short. She can really start wearing 2T tops, but she is still barely wide enough around to fill out 18m pants (most of which are barely long enough). So frustrating! Most of the manufacturers suggest you go by the weight guide instead of the month guide, and I have found that helps a little.
I fear this is a problem we will have to deal with for many more years to come, alas.